Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Taco Soup

 
 

1 lb. ground beef, browned
1 small onion, chopped, cooked with ground beef
1 can Ro-tel® (You can omit if you do not want it to be spicy)
1 can whole kernel corn, undrained
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
1 can stewed tomatoes
1-1/2 cans water
1 can ranch style or chili-style beans, undrained
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix (or use a low-sodium seasoning pkt. or mix my own)

      Brown meat, sautèing onions with meat.  Drain any grease.  In a Dutch oven or soup pot, add meat and all ingredients.  Simmer on stovetop until ready to eat.  Serve this with several sides, letting family members choose what toppings they want to add to soup.
Options:  Fritos®, grated cheese, sour cream, green onions, black olives, chopped cilantro, diced avocado.  Choose what toppings are best for family preferences.
My changes I used ground turkey instead of beef;.also added 2 cloves garlic and 1 large diced jalapeño I put in while browning ground turkey.  I ate my bowl with 1 tsp. sour cream and some chopped onion; my husband did the same, also adding shredded cheese with his.  I served soup with jalepeño cheddar corn bread.  Having leftovers for my lunch tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment