Friday, February 4, 2011

My Very Own Bread Pudding w/ Lemon sauce

 
Yup I was asked to ake a Bread Pudding at The Olde Store and my reply was " I have never made one " the lady said you will figure it out, So I did.. Now everyone likes my Pudding :)
 
Take 1/2 loaf of day old bread and crumble into a large bowl. Add enough milk to cover the bread.. Add 6 eggs, beated and 2 cups sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla and a pinch of salt. Mix well.
 
Pour into a buttered 9x12inch pan and put in  a 350* oven for 30 to 45 minutes, Should be light golden on top.
 
For the sauce
 
Bring 2 cups water with 1/2 cup sugar  to a boil, add 1/4 cup lemon juice and a tablespoon of butter, Mix 2 tablespoons cornstarch in a 1/2 cup water and add to the boiling mixture. you want it thick but easy to pour on the pudding..
 
When pudding is done, poke holes in it with a fork.. Now pour the sauce over it evenly, some of it will run down into the pudding...This is a good thing...
 
Eat it Warm Or Cold.. ummmm I can taste it now ...
  

No comments:

Post a Comment