Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Apple Pandowdy

 

I made this at The Old Store One Cold Morning.. Ethel and I were standing at the end of the counter and I heard Ethel say " Oh Crap ".

I looked around and a man was coming in with a ski mask on.. Scared the hell outta us..
 
Thank god he was just paying for his gasoline..lol
 
After he left we got a lecture from Angelo and Jonelle ( our bosses )
 
They said if anyone comes in to rob us, ask if we can carry the rigister out to their car for them.. They said , We don't want anything to happen to y'all..
 
Me being the cut up I am said, well that will be fine, but they will play hell getting my Apple Pandowdy , gigglin
 

5 Granny Smith   apples
 
 1/2 cup molasses
 
3 Tbsp. butter
 
biscuit dough
  I usually make the dough from stratch, but you can  use Pioneer,Bisquick, baking mixes too . 
 
1 tsp. cinnamon

 

Core and slice apples and put them in a greased pie dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon, drizzle on molasses and dot with butter. Cover with biscuit dough.drop it from a spoon over the filling. This allows the gooey sauce to come together around the dough. 
  Bake at 375* for about 30 minutes. Serve hot. Serve with whipped cream and sprinkled withCinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment