Serves: 14 muffins
- ½ cup cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup flaked sweetened coconut
⅓ cup chopped pecans (optional)
1½ cups all purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup brewed coffee, room temperature
⅓ cup coconut oil
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Add egg. Beat. Stir in ⅔ cup chocolate chips; set aside.
- In another small bowl combine coconut, pecans (optional) and chocolate chips; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour brown sugar, cocoa, baking soda and cinnamon. Combine coffee and coconut oil.
- Stir the coffee/oil into the dry mixture just until moistened.
- Fill paper lined muffin cups half full. Spoon 1 tablespoonful of cream cheese mixture on the top center of each. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of coconut mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.