Friday, February 7, 2014

Chalupa

 1 lb. pinto beans
3 lbs pork roast
7 cups water
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic minced
1 Tbsp salt
2 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp cummin
1 tsp oregano
1 can chopped green chilies
corn chips

Put all ingredients except corn chips in crock pot. Cover and cook until roast falls apart and beans are done. Uncover and cook about 1/2 hour until the desired thickness. Serve with corn chips and pass condiments for choice of topping; (chopped tomato, chopped onion, shredded lettuce, grated cheese, chopped avocado, taco sauce)

I thought a pound of beans would be too much for my poor crockpot, so I used a little less. I soaked them overnight in the fridge. I only put in 4 cups of water. I used dried onion. I only put in 1 Tbsp chili powder, 1 tsp of cummin, and 1/2 tsp of oregano. I used a 4 oz can of chilies. It smells like garlic in my house right now. I hope it turns out good.

No comments:

Post a Comment