Sunday, January 15, 2012

Jeanne's Knock Your Socks Off Nacho !

 
I have been making these wonderful little hotties since the 60's. My sister and her daughter at the time ( she had 2 more babies in the 70's).  We had put my son Eddie and Kim to bed and we got the hankerin for my Nacho's as follows:
 
1 bag of Tostitoes ( round Tortilla Chips )
 
1 can Refied Beans
 
2 cups grated mild cheddar cheese
 
1 jar nacho jalapenos
 
1 cup finely grated iceburg lettuce
 
2 tomatoes diced  small
 
Put beans, cheese and a jalapeno on top.
 
Put in broiler until cheese is melted.. watch closely.
 
Take them out and top each one with lettuce
 
and tomato.  You can add sour cream and picante
 
if you want too.
 
We started eating them and the tears started rolling down out cheeks. It was something about heating the jalapeno's in the broiler I think. We did polish them off, crying and laughing the whole time.
 
I never heated the jalapeno's in the broiler after that.
 
:) 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment