Monday, January 9, 2012

fried frog legs

 
The first time I had fried frog legs I was about 13 years old. I was spending the summer with my Aunt Sue and her husband and 5 sons. The guys had gone gigging and came back with a whole be mess of legs. Those were the best thing I ever are !
 

12 pair frog legs milk seasoned fish fry cooking oil  Put frog legs in bowl and fill with enough milk  to cover. Soak frog legs for at least 1 hour,  overnight best. Fill cast iron pot with ½ inch  more oil than thickness of frog leg and heat.  Meanwhile, sprinkle plate with fish fry,  remove legs one at a time and place on plate.  Sprinkle enough fish fry to coat each leg.  Do not crowd! Heat oil until hot enough to  ignite a kitchen match. Fry about 4 minutes  or until golden brown. DO NOT OVER COOK!  

No comments:

Post a Comment