Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Rum Cake




In the 70's I knew this lady from Germany,I made this Rum Cake while they were at my house.. I carefully drizzled rum over tho top while it was still warm. Gert took the rum from me and poured half the bottle on the cake.. I was so scared she had ruined my cake, but to my surprize it was one of the best cakes I ever tasted, After eating a slice, or 2 who cared that it was soggy and ugly.. :) 
 
1 pkg. yellow cake mix

1/2 cup oil

1/2 cup water

4 eggs

1 pkg. vanilla instant pudding

1/2 cup light rum

GLAZE

1/2 cup butter
1/4 - 1/2 cup rum

1 cup sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. grease and floured  a tube or

 Bundt pan. Combine cake mix, eggs, pudding, oil, water and

 rum. Pour into  pan and bake for 45 - 60 minutes.

Mix glaze ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.

 for one minute. Pour the glaze over the cake while it is

 still warm. Let the cake cool in the pan for 30 minutes

. Remove the cake from the pan by flipping the cake upside

down on a cake plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment