Monday, January 31, 2011

Jerrie's Fruitcake

 
I lost my precious sister to cancer in 2007 at the agr of 66. She was my rock, and I miss her terribly.. She was such a good cook, this is her own version of a fruitcake and if you don't like all that candied fruit , you just might like this one.. I love it !
 
 
1 9oz. package of non such mincemeat , crumble into a saucepan with 1 1/2 cups warer.stir over medium heat occasionally until softened 1 minute... set aside.
 
 Mix in a bowl the following:
 
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoons baking soda
2 eggs
1 can eagle brand ( condensed milk )
2 cups dates, raisins, and brandied cherries
1 cup pecans
 
Butter and flour a angle food cake pan, set aside
 
Now mix all together and add the fruits, condensed milk, flour , baking soda, nuts and watered mincemeat, water and all..
 
Bake @ 300* for 1 hour, test with toothpick to make sure it is done..

No comments:

Post a Comment